Welcome to Algeria Class
Welcome to the page of Year 6 - Algeria Class.
OUR TOPIC OUTLINE FOR SUMMER 1 2019
This year, Algeria Class have PE timetabled for Thursday and Friday. You will need your kit for these times but it's a good idea to bring your kit in every Monday, leave it in school until Friday and then take it home for a wash. You can leave your kit in school for longer but it's best to take it home regularly to be washed - especially in Year 6. This half term, we will be finishing our Dance unit, starting on Tennis and working on Invasion Games skills.
I will be out of class every Thursday afternoon and Mr Ryan will take Algeria Class during that time for Computing and PE (Athletics).
- Weekly homework for Weeks 1-4 will simply consist of a spelling activity. No Maths or topic homework will be set until the very end of this half term. However, if you and your children would like to use the revision materials for English and Maths that were provided before the Easter holidays to help prepare for the NCTs, this would be a very good use of home-learning time.
- For Week 5 and over the half term break I would like the children to follow up on Science work we will be doing on Evolution by writing a biography of Charles Darwin from the notes they will have made in Science.
- After half term, we will be returning to weekly GPS, Maths, Spelling & Topic Tasks (as we will be finished with SATs practices – hurrah!).
- You are also expected to read regularly and make a comment about your reading in your homework diary once a week.
See our homework page to download homework sheets here.
If you need help or extra time in school to complete homework tasks, you are very welcome to attend homework club and ask for time at lunchtimes to do homework in school. I can also be available to help you with any tasks you are finding tricky. You need to be responsible, though, for asking me for additional help BEFORE the homework is due.
This week in Algeria Class . . . 29/4/19
We have mostly been doing:
- Ratio & Proportion in Maths.
- Looking at the features of information texts about fantasy places (!) in English.
- Working on our understanding of the subjunctive in Grammar.
- Athletics & Cricket skills in PE.
- Investigating Evolution & Inheritance in science.
Congratulations to all Y6 pupils for their fantastic behaviour, attitude and perseverance at Marchant's Hill . . . thank you, all you little Y6 stars . . . :)
Please find this week's homework on our Homework page here: