Click on your child's class country to find the Home Learning activities for them.
All classes will have the following expectations with regards to home learning:
- Maths - MyMaths lesson (available on mymaths.co.uk) will be available daily (children have log in details) (Years 1-6)
- Maths - Times Tables Rock Stars to be carried out daily (children have log in details) (Years 2-6)
- Reading - Children should read for pleasure daily
- Reading - There will be a minimum of two reading based tasks set per week
- Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar - One task and one test to be carried out per week (tests will be accessible on SPAG.com website - children have log in details) (Years 1-6)
- Writing - There will be one writing task per week (this could involve daily activities; some tasks may last two weeks)
- PE - Click HERE to find links to some PE/activity based learning (please note, new activities added w/b 11/5/2020)
- **NEW** - Science activities and experiments. Click HERE to find some fun ideas to try at home.
- Individual teachers/classes may set additional activities (Science, History, Art etc) - so please keep checking class home learning pages
- Home learning for Reception Class children will look slightly different to the above - all details will be on the France Class home learning page
- **NEW** - Click HERE for some useful tips during these uncertain times. Click HERE for some boredom buster ideas.
****A message about Home Learning****
- We would like to say well done to all of you (children and adults) for working so hard during this time when you have to do all of your learning at home. Well done also to the children that are coming in to school and are also working really well.
- Your efforts are recognised by all the staff at Ferring and we are very proud of you all.
- Remember, we are providing lots and lots of learning opportunities and resources on our website for you to use but you must not feel like you have to do EVERYTHING all of the time. We appreciate and value whatever you can have a go at. It is equally important that you enjoy other types of learning which you can do away from the computer and away from what we have set. What you must not do at this time is worry – just have a go!
- We will continue to provide lots of activities but would also like to point you in the direction of the Oak National Academy, the brand-new enterprise created by 40 teachers from some of the leading schools across England, backed by Government grant funding. It provides video lessons each week, across a broad range of subjects from maths to art to languages, for every year group from Reception through to Year 6. Our staff feel it offers some interesting lessons in a style which is quite easy to find your way around. Additionally BBC Bitesize is also offering daily lessons in a similar style. You may choose to carry out some of these ‘lessons’ as an alternative to some of the work we have set or in addition to. Either is absolutely fine.
- Continue to look after yourselves and each other and we can’t wait to see you all back in school when the time is right.
- First News is a UK newspaper for young readers. It is published in a full colour tabloid format every Friday, and aims to present current events and politics in a child-friendly format, alongside news on entertainment, sport and computer games.
- We have made them available as a weekly download. Please feel free to download them to provide your children with additional, relevant reading material. Just click HERE to access the weekly publication.
**Please note - if you have any questions about the Home Learning available to your child please email email@example.com and a teacher will respond as soon as possible. Alternatively, teacher/class emails are available on the class page.**