Coronavirus - Advice
Government Coronavirus action plan
This document sets out what the UK as a whole has done to tackle the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and what it plans to do next.
The action plan can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-action-plan
The document includes:
- what we know about the virus and the disease it causes
- how we have planned for an infectious disease outbreak, such as the current coronavirus outbreak
- the actions we have taken so far in response to the current coronavirus outbreak
- what we are planning to do next, depending upon the course the current coronavirus outbreak takes
- the role the public can play in supporting this response, now and in the future
Current advice remains in place: No school should close in response to a suspected (or confirmed) COVID-19 case unless advised to do so by Public Health England.
The importance of hygiene
Personal hygiene is the most important way we can tackle COVID-19, especially washing hands more; and the catch it, bin it, kill it strategy for those with coughs and sneezes.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
On Monday we launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
WE HAVE SMALL TEAM OF STAFF AT THE SCHOOL, FOR THE KEY WORKERS/VULNERABLE CHILDREN WHO ARE STILL ATTENDING. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS/QUERIES OVER THE COURSE OF THE CLOSURE, PLEASE EMAIL THE SCHOOL OFFICE: OFFICE@FERRING.W-SUSSEX.SCH.UK